Expedient Recruitment have been chosen as the recruitment business partner to a prestigious manufacturer of specialist grinding machines that is based in Coventry.
Our Client is a world renowned company which was founded in 1913 and since this time has remained the worlds market leader in the manufacture of both external and internal thread grinding machines.
Our client has recently completed the successful purchase of a new multi-million pound production site in Coventry, enabling them to secure future growth and development of machine tools.
Expedient are now recruiting for a number of roles that would ideally suit someone who has previous experience working within a Machine Tool environment.
Mechanical Design Engineer
• Creating designs from initial concept to drawings and BOM’s for manufacture.
• Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
• Improve and update existing designs to achieve the use of common components, improve quality and reduce assembly times and cost.
• Design new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
• Design of gear systems, slide ways, machine bases, hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
• 3D CAD Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor 2015 creating drawings of manufactured components and castings.
• Calculating forces (inertia, torque, etc.).
• Produce design solutions that meet customer and internal requirements, conform to safety and other legal requirements.
• Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc…
• Liaison with shop floor staff, design engineers, sales team and suppliers.
This position requires a well-motivated, confident Mechanical Design Engineer who can demonstrate the following;
• A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
• Experience in machine tools design.
• Experience in selecting motors, calculate inertia, torque.
• Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Shanley@expedientrecruitment.co.uk